Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dear Jesus,

I haven't been a good follower of You. I have messed up and been broken down so much. I've tried to stand up on my own, but repeatedly just fall back again. I try to give you my heart, but I hold onto it too tightly. I say I give you my time, but I never spend enough of it with you. I strive to be like You, though no one would be able to tell lately. I want my actions to show my love for You, but have they? I've done nothing but fail You, Lord, and here I am on my knees asking for You to forgive me. Forgive me for not giving You my all, forgive me for making my time my own, You are a sovereign God worth more than what I have to offer.

I belong to You. I give you my life and my time; though all of me will never be enough, I am Yours. I am willing to sacrifice everything in this world, all that I know, to follow You. I want to be made new by Your love. My heart is held by You, and You alone. I will no longer try to take control. Where you call me to go, I will drop everything and diligently go where You say. I drop everything that I am to become who You've called me to be.

I am Yours.

No comments:

Followers